The latest NFC phone rumours and announcements, including: Galaxy S II with NFC launches on AT&T, T-Mobile in the US • Nokia N9 launches in Middle East • Sonim ships first NFC handset • Samsung Wave 578 'Quick Tap' coming to UK soon • Samsung SHV-E120L specs leak.
Here we round up the latest NFC handset rumours and announcements. For a definitive list of currently available, officially announced and rumoured devices please see our NFC phones list.
- T-Mobile USA has announced availability of the Samsung Galaxy S II and the HTC Amaze 4G, both Android smartphones with NFC, from October 12. The Amaze 4G, also known as the HTC Ruby, will be the Taiwanese manufacturer's first NFC handset — Press release
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II [with NFC] launches October 2nd for US$199.99 — BGR
- Samsung announces Galaxy S II LTE and Galaxy S II HD LTE handsets for Korean market — Engadget
- Sonim launches first NFC phone, the rugged XP1301 Core NFC — NFC World
- Orange to launch Samsung Wave 578 Quick Tap in UK 'in coming weeks' — Press release
- Leaked specs show Samsung SHV-E120L aims squarely at LG's LU6200 — Cetizen.com
- Nokia launches Nokia N9 smartphone in Middle Eastern markets — Ameinfo.com