BMO is to become the first major Canadian bank to issue contactless stickers to its customers, says Canoe.ca. The MasterCard PayPass tags are attached to the back of users' phones and can then be used to charge purchases of up to C$50 to the customer's credit card account. PayPass transactions account for nearly 10% of all MasterCard credit card purchases in Canada.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR