BMO is to become the first major Canadian bank to issue contactless stickers to its customers, says Canoe.ca. The MasterCard PayPass tags are attached to the back of users' phones and can then be used to charge purchases of up to C$50 to the customer's credit card account. PayPass transactions account for nearly 10% of all MasterCard credit card purchases in Canada.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags