BMO is to become the first major Canadian bank to issue contactless stickers to its customers, says Canoe.ca. The MasterCard PayPass tags are attached to the back of users’ phones and can then be used to charge purchases of up to C$50 to the customer’s credit card account. PayPass transactions account for nearly 10% of all MasterCard credit card purchases in Canada.
- Discover joins effort to speed up EMV checkout
- Amex bot notifies purchases through Facebook Messenger
- Walmart Pay arrives in 15 more states
- ABN Amro takes payments to WhatsApp
- EMV claims more than a third of global card-present payments