NFC specialist Narian Technologies expects to try out its retail applications with a large department store chain and a large supermarket chain in the US in the first quarter of 2012. A major film festival is also set to employ some of the company’s NFC technology next year, the firm’s Einar Rosenberg has told NFC World.
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks
- Apple granted patent for device-based car keys
- LG Pay to launch in September
- US and UK consumers warm to biometric authentication