NFC specialist Narian Technologies expects to try out its retail applications with a large department store chain and a large supermarket chain in the US in the first quarter of 2012. A major film festival is also set to employ some of the company’s NFC technology next year, the firm’s Einar Rosenberg has told NFC World.
- Festival uses BLE to gain insights into attendee activity
- Target launches image recognition app
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone