Hoeft & Wessel’s Almex e-ticketing system now allows fares to be dynamically calculated and charged after passengers wave their contactless EMV credit card as they board and again as they leave public transport. The NFC-compatible system transacts in under 500ms, is ITSO, VDV-KA and Calypso-compliant and uses CreditCall’s EMVx contactless kernel. UK bus operator First Group is set to be the first customer, with 4,000 systems on order.
- Bell ID makes case for banks to become TSPs
- Saracens fans get contactless payment wristbands
- Apple Pay now live at more than 240 banks
- Nearly half of payment cards shipped in 2014 were contactless
- Barclaycard’s bPay band set for relaunch