Spanish rail operator Renfe has begun an NFC ticketing trial on Madrid’s suburban commuter network, in conjunction with Vodafone. “We are convinced that NFC technology will be the global benchmark and want to be pioneers in providing our customers with the benefit of a more convenient and flexible system,” says Renfe president Teofilo Serrano.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month