Spanish rail operator Renfe has begun an NFC ticketing trial on Madrid’s suburban commuter network, in conjunction with Vodafone. “We are convinced that NFC technology will be the global benchmark and want to be pioneers in providing our customers with the benefit of a more convenient and flexible system,” says Renfe president Teofilo Serrano.
- Target launches image recognition app
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone
- IBM partners with Monitise