Commuters in Philadelphia, USA, could be paying for ticketless travel with contactless bank cards and NFC mobile phones within three years. Rail, subway, tram and bus operator Septa is expected to award a US$100m contract for a contactless fare payment system later this month, reports Philly.com.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx