Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports