Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017