Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- BBVA Bancomer deploys time-based dynamic CCV/CVC in mobile wallet
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping