Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance