Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- Cab:app taxis to accept NFC mobile payments
- Rémy Martin to launch NFC bottle in China for authentication and rewards
- Las Vegas gets park and reward meters
- Mobile tickets launch for Houston buses
- PayPal buys money transfer provider Xoom