Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- Polish bank gets HCE mobile payments through First Data and Bell ID
- Gemalto analyses success of SK Telecom’s NFC service
- Analyst predicts exceptional growth for Apple Pay due to secure element approach
- Apple Pay adds Visa, MasterCard and five major banks in Singapore
- Wells Fargo to add NFC-based mobile payments to banking app