Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- Paytm moves towards launching payments bank
- Australian digital payments to reach nearly A$1.9bn by 2020
- Contactless on the rise in the Netherlands
- A third of Europeans have made a mobile payment
- Proxama and Mapway launch BLE beacon service on London buses