Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- Visa Europe expands on customised tokenization plans, will go live mid-April
- US identity fraud drops, but breaches scare consumers
- Optus shows off wearable payments
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama