Mobile payments are set for rapid growth in China, according to new research. The country will have 230 million mobile payment users by the end of this year, spending 11.37bn yuan (US$1.8bn) — 400 percent up on 2010 — reports China Daily. This is expected to rise to 320m users and 35.78bn yuan in 2012.
- Canadian credit unions go live with Mobile Pay
- NAB uses HCE for instant card replacement
- Nordic banks sign up to HCE mobile payments with Nets
- NXP adds more powerful NFC controller and developer kits
- Starwood expands keyless entry to hotels worldwide