NFC software specialist Zenius Solutions beat six other entrants to win the CTIA’s Disruptathon Mobile Enterprise innovation contest in San Diego on October 12. The firm’s NFC-based mobile payments offering picked up nods for most unique offer, best business model and most disruptive product and took home a US$20,000 first prize package.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes