Gulf News reports further details of Etisalat’s NFC payments system, due to launch in the UAE before the end of 2011. Purchases will be limited to US$50 (AED 183), with no transaction fee for consumers and “a small fee” for merchants. 600 outlets in the Emirates are currently equipped to accept NFC payments, with a further 600 expected over the next six months. Etisalat is also in talks with the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to allow NFC phone users to tap their way on to public transport.
- Tangerine tests facial recognition
- MasterCard partners with P97 to enable mobile payments and rewards at the pump
- Ingenico integrates Bitcoin mobile payments into POS terminals
- Seqr offers refer-a-friend rewards
- Samsung responds to LoopPay hack