US department stores Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are replacing signature pads at all 50,000 point-of-sale terminals with new customer response units developed by Verifone, reports Retail Touchpoints. The new devices, expected to be in place by fall 2012, enable the company to test emerging transaction-processing technologies including Google Wallet.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding