“Ever since this Google thing, there’s been lots of problems,” a cashier at American Eagle Outfitters has confided to a reporter from AdAge. A roadtest of Google Wallet in New York, in which the publication set out to spend US$100 at a variety of merchants, revealed teething problems including payments being taken but offers not applied and vice-versa, but overall concluded that “Google Wallet is tech at its best.”
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?