“Ever since this Google thing, there’s been lots of problems,” a cashier at American Eagle Outfitters has confided to a reporter from AdAge. A roadtest of Google Wallet in New York, in which the publication set out to spend US$100 at a variety of merchants, revealed teething problems including payments being taken but offers not applied and vice-versa, but overall concluded that “Google Wallet is tech at its best.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway