"Ever since this Google thing, there's been lots of problems," a cashier at American Eagle Outfitters has confided to a reporter from AdAge. A roadtest of Google Wallet in New York, in which the publication set out to spend US$100 at a variety of merchants, revealed teething problems including payments being taken but offers not applied and vice-versa, but overall concluded that "Google Wallet is tech at its best."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR