"Ever since this Google thing, there's been lots of problems," a cashier at American Eagle Outfitters has confided to a reporter from AdAge. A roadtest of Google Wallet in New York, in which the publication set out to spend US$100 at a variety of merchants, revealed teething problems including payments being taken but offers not applied and vice-versa, but overall concluded that "Google Wallet is tech at its best."
- NFC stickers impress retailers at Sydney show
- UL gets EMVCo accreditation for mobile payments testing
- JanSport runs NFC outdoor ads in New York
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services