Dublin-based Zapa Technology has appointed a provisional liquidator, according to the Irish Times. The NFC retail payments and rewards specialist, which continues to trade while a buyer is sought, owes €700,000 to creditors and has been unable to obtain funding to extend its Zapa Tag system. Zapa is the second high-profile proprietary NFC payments system to run into trouble this year, after Bling Nation suspended its US operations in June.
- Join us next week for a free webinar on NFC toys and games
- Fashion retailer uses NFC to engage party-goers
- NFC Haloband seeks funding
- Flextown enables digital sharing through NFC business cards
- Merchant360 offers plug-in that lets retailers deliver coupons to any NFC phone