Dublin-based Zapa Technology has appointed a provisional liquidator, according to the Irish Times. The NFC retail payments and rewards specialist, which continues to trade while a buyer is sought, owes €700,000 to creditors and has been unable to obtain funding to extend its Zapa Tag system. Zapa is the second high-profile proprietary NFC payments system to run into trouble this year, after Bling Nation suspended its US operations in June.
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners
- Super Bowl fans explore Bay Area with BLE beacons
- Kazakhstan gets HCE payments
- Mobile banking service Pocopay goes live in Europe
- Apple Pay adds 32 banks in the US