Dublin-based Zapa Technology has appointed a provisional liquidator, according to the Irish Times. The NFC retail payments and rewards specialist, which continues to trade while a buyer is sought, owes €700,000 to creditors and has been unable to obtain funding to extend its Zapa Tag system. Zapa is the second high-profile proprietary NFC payments system to run into trouble this year, after Bling Nation suspended its US operations in June.
- Barclaycard launches second generation bPay wearable payment devices
- Apple publishes UK contactless FAQ
- PayPal set to float on 17 July
- Fans get contactless entry to football matches in Cyprus
- PayRange raises $12m for vending machine payments via Bluetooth