MTS, Russia’s leading telecommunications operator, has signed an agreement with MasterCard to develop NFC mobile contactless services. “The partnership with MasterCard is aimed at creating conditions in Russia for the most extensive development of NFC payments as well as to extend MTS customers’ choice of payments instruments,” says company president Andrew Dubovskov.
- Paytm moves towards launching payments bank
- Australian digital payments to reach nearly A$1.9bn by 2020
- Contactless on the rise in the Netherlands
- A third of Europeans have made a mobile payment
- Proxama and Mapway launch BLE beacon service on London buses