Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics