Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- FlexStr8 brings NFC tracking to hazardous chemicals
- Ola Cabs to apply for mobile wallet licence
- Samsung Pay to start second beta testing round
- China moves to open up mobile payments services
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years