Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC