Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Join NFC World for a free workshop on tokenization
- One in four online transactions are now mobile
- Norwegian carriers pick Amdocs for mobile payments
- MassDOT tests mobile tickets
- Spanish airline lets customers tap to add contactless card to app