Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month
- Broadcom offers IoT developer kit
- Visa licenses transactional ad platform