Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product