Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- 17% of French consumers make mobile payments
- Magyar Telekom launches NFC in Hungary
- Danish carriers abandon mobile payments ambitions
- Android Pay to use fingerprint security
- Swirl reports positive consumer feedback on in-store beacon offers