Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’