Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Apple Pay glitch charges customers twice
- Apple builds NFC tech into iPad Air 2
- Bell ID offers tokenization management software
- YesTap tests NFC shopping wall in Amsterdam
- Core Jewels offers diamond rings with NFC