Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Singapore commuters trial wristband payments
- PayPal launches PayPal.Me
- India biometrics market to grow 35% by 2020
- Ingenico joins WorldPay bidding war
- Sony unveils Wena Wrist with NFC payments