Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Video shows Samsung Pay in action
- NXP tool helps developers access secure elements
- Carta makes HCE simple with hosted Cloud Suite payments platform
- Samsung Pay’s success in the US is not assured, says expert
- Korea shifts to NFC authentication for mobile banking