Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at 'pay and display' machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Adidas adds NFC to running shoes
- Czech firm releases universal NFC ID system
- Alfa-Bank to pilot NFC payments in Russia and the Ukraine
- Verizon and Discover join the NFC Forum
- Musemini trio gets NFC pairing