Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Deutsche Bank to launch NFC payments in Q3
- Gemalto named as leading mobile ticketing vendor
- MasterCard to reduce EMV checkout time
- Samsung Pay goes live at Woori Bank ATMs
- Australia’s ANZ adds support for Apple Pay