Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition