Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Facebook tests Messenger payments
- Jiffy signs up more than 350,000 users
- Walmart Pay adds another 14 states
- Canadian credit unions go live with Mobile Pay
- NAB uses HCE for instant card replacement