Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services
- Mastercard takes majority stake in VocaLink
- Visa reports EMV uptake in the US
- Motorists rewarded for mobile payments at the pump
- More than half of Irish consumers now using contactless