Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies