Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at 'pay and display' machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR