Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Survey reports on use of Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay in the US
- Samsung Pay to begin beta test in Singapore
- Mobile biometrics market to see major growth
- Gemalto explores seven myths about mobile NFC
- Absa takes banking to Twitter