Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure