Parking meters in Ottawa will accept payments from NFC-enabled smartphones starting in early 2012. Customers with credit card information stored in their NFC wallet will be able to tap their phone on a reader to pay when they park. Currently, 39 per cent of parking transactions at ‘pay and display’ machines in the Canadian city are made with credit cards.
- Apple Pay glitch prevents users adding Visa cards
- Mobile savings club scoops innovation award
- Visa offers mobile card controls
- Kiwis warm to mobile payments and biometrics
- Apple Pay reaches mobile app inflection point