More than 1.2 billion NFC chips will ship annually by 2015, according to a new forecast from In-Stat. "As the costs of NFC chips decline, and NFC radios are combined with other chip functions, the cost to integrate NFC into handsets will be outweighed by the benefits," says analyst Allen Nogee. "The growth of combo chips will also allow NFC radios to piggyback on technology that already has significant penetration in the market."
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags