More than 1.2 billion NFC chips will ship annually by 2015, according to a new forecast from In-Stat. “As the costs of NFC chips decline, and NFC radios are combined with other chip functions, the cost to integrate NFC into handsets will be outweighed by the benefits,” says analyst Allen Nogee. “The growth of combo chips will also allow NFC radios to piggyback on technology that already has significant penetration in the market.”
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria