Canadian airline WestJet is to test contactless and NFC payments for in-flight purchases, American Banker reports. Technology from GuestLogix and MasterCard will boost transaction security in the air, where online authorisations are impractical. “Airlines have come to recognize there is a wide array of merchandise they can sell onboard, including items like wine and apparel they can have delivered to passengers’ homes when they land,” says GuestLogix.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway