Canadian airline WestJet is to test contactless and NFC payments for in-flight purchases, American Banker reports. Technology from GuestLogix and MasterCard will boost transaction security in the air, where online authorisations are impractical. "Airlines have come to recognize there is a wide array of merchandise they can sell onboard, including items like wine and apparel they can have delivered to passengers' homes when they land," says GuestLogix.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR