Canadian airline WestJet is to test contactless and NFC payments for in-flight purchases, American Banker reports. Technology from GuestLogix and MasterCard will boost transaction security in the air, where online authorisations are impractical. “Airlines have come to recognize there is a wide array of merchandise they can sell onboard, including items like wine and apparel they can have delivered to passengers’ homes when they land,” says GuestLogix.
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments
- LG smart watch to offer NFC payments
- Barclays to allow Twitter payments
- Morgan Stanley joins Apple Pay
- Diageo unveils smart whisky bottle with ‘game-changing’ NFC tags