Canadian airline WestJet is to test contactless and NFC payments for in-flight purchases, American Banker reports. Technology from GuestLogix and MasterCard will boost transaction security in the air, where online authorisations are impractical. “Airlines have come to recognize there is a wide array of merchandise they can sell onboard, including items like wine and apparel they can have delivered to passengers’ homes when they land,” says GuestLogix.
- MCX confirms it will launch CurrentC this summer in a “mid-sized market”
- Starwood guests unlock hotel rooms with Apple Watch app
- MCX member Best Buy to accept Apple Pay across the US
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments