“We’re doing a trial with Google Wallet and it’s great for those consumers who don’t have cash but want to buy a Coke,” Coca-Cola SVP Wendy Clark told attendees at Ad:tech in New York this week, Mobile Commerce Daily reports. “We’re experimenting with this…. The combination of mobile commerce and location technology moves our business from the point of sale to the point of thirst,” she explained. “If we know where you are and that you are thirsty we can move you to the nearest outlet to quench that thirst.”
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards
- Apple iWatch to ship with NFC this year?