"We're doing a trial with Google Wallet and it's great for those consumers who don't have cash but want to buy a Coke," Coca-Cola SVP Wendy Clark told attendees at Ad:tech in New York this week, Mobile Commerce Daily reports. "We're experimenting with this.... The combination of mobile commerce and location technology moves our business from the point of sale to the point of thirst," she explained. "If we know where you are and that you are thirsty we can move you to the nearest outlet to quench that thirst."
- NFC stickers impress retailers at Sydney show
- UL gets EMVCo accreditation for mobile payments testing
- JanSport runs NFC outdoor ads in New York
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services