French bank Credit Agricole is launching a contactless payment trial in Caen. The bank will provide 200 iPhone users with a phone case from Device Fidelity containing a microSD-based NFC solution. Triallists will be able to use a Visa-provided secure payment application to make purchases of up to €20 (US$27) from merchants accepting Visa contactless payments.
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics