Samsung Electronics has launched a system-in-package (SIP) NFC embedded secure element solution. The Secu-NFC chip combines an NFC controller and a secure element in a package measuring 4.3mm by 4.3mm by 1mm and includes 760KB of high-density flash memory. “Samsung’s new secure NFC solution with its high data storage capacity provides consumers with ample room to expand operation service and features to deliver the ultimate user experience,” says the company’s Dojun Rhee.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport