Japanese mobile network operator Softbank, card issuer Credit Saison and American Express have teamed up with NFC technology providers Dai Nippon Printing and Gemalto to test SIM-based NFC payments on Android phones. The three month trial sees an NFC version of American Express' contactless Expresspay service being stored on an NFC SIM issued by Softbank, rather than the embedded secure element used in Google Wallet.
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports