Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- 226bn transactions to be secured with biometrics by 2020
- House of Fraser adds AR to mobile app
- Fingerprint sensor shipments to reach 1bn units by 2020
- Miami Heat fans get mobile payments and ticketing
- Pinterest expands availability of Buyable Pins