Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama
- Madrid tests NFC ticketing on public transport
- Pizza Hut could let customers order and pay for pizza from their cars
- SpotMe app lets Android users spend Apple Pay cash