Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- Polish bank gets HCE mobile payments through First Data and Bell ID
- Gemalto analyses success of SK Telecom’s NFC service
- Analyst predicts exceptional growth for Apple Pay due to secure element approach
- Apple Pay adds Visa, MasterCard and five major banks in Singapore
- Wells Fargo to add NFC-based mobile payments to banking app