Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?