Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- DigiSEq gets MasterCard approval to provision payments to mass market wearables
- August smart lock update lets Apple Watch users unlock their front door
- FlexStr8 brings NFC tracking to hazardous chemicals
- Ola Cabs to apply for mobile wallet licence
- Samsung Pay to start second beta testing round