Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal
- Nintendo adds NFC payments
- Four in ten mobile wallet users choose mobile as primary mode of payment
- CU Wallet signs up 65 credit unions for QR mobile payments