Visa Europe is moving to contactless payments for the vending machines in its UK offices after a six month trial conducted with vending specialist Vianet in which a dozen machines recorded more than 10,000 contactless transactions. The machines are fitted with a reader on the front so customers can wave and pay. “We believe that there is a significant opportunity for contactless in the vending industry and we look forward to seeing wider deployment of contactless technology,” commented Visa.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices