Visa Europe is moving to contactless payments for the vending machines in its UK offices after a six month trial conducted with vending specialist Vianet in which a dozen machines recorded more than 10,000 contactless transactions. The machines are fitted with a reader on the front so customers can wave and pay. “We believe that there is a significant opportunity for contactless in the vending industry and we look forward to seeing wider deployment of contactless technology,” commented Visa.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks