Italian technology provider Reply has unveiled Hi Credits, a new service that lets consumers make purchases by scanning a 2D barcode displayed on a merchant’s mobile phone, or printed on a wide variety of promotional media, or by tapping an NFC tag. To register, consumers download an app and sign up on a participating bank’s website. They can then complete a scanned or tapped purchase by simply entering a PIN on their phone and pressing ‘OK’.
- Clear2Pay gets Visa confirmation as CVES provider
- Apple Watch vulnerability could let thieves use Apple Pay
- BPCE to pilot cards with mini-screen security codes
- AMS launches NFC interface chip with advanced energy management
- Apple Pay headed to Belgium?