The lack of a "concrete European framework" for mobile payments means "the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe," according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. "Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments," says Bloomberg.
- Vodafone rolls out NFC mobile wallet across Germany
- Portsmouth FC engages fans with NFC
- EMVCo publishes tokenization framework specification
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more