The lack of a “concrete European framework” for mobile payments means “the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe,” according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. “Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments,” says Bloomberg.
- Mobeam passes 40m in-store transactions
- Apple Pay adds more than 20 US banks
- EMV Migration Forum releases EMV testing and certification white paper
- Samsung Pay adds support from 39 US banks
- The State Bank of Vietnam urges transition to EMV