The lack of a "concrete European framework" for mobile payments means "the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe," according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. "Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments," says Bloomberg.
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports