Nokia N9 NFC phone users in Dubai are being offered free cinema ticket and popcorn vouchers for tapping their phone on smart posters and display stands located in the foyer of selected Vox Cinemas. Exit displays allow NFC phone users to tap a tag to access movie listings and a Nokia Facebook ‘Like’ page. The system was developed by UK-based NFC specialist Proxama.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe