A bug in Android 4’s NFC implementation prevents Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus phone from writing NDEF messages to unformatted tags. First reported on the XDA Developers forums, the problem also affects other devices running Ice Cream Sandwich and is now being addressed by Google: “We’re aware of this issue, and it will be fixed in next upcoming release,” says the company.
- Charity picks up contactless pennies
- Taco Bell app lets customers rotate to reorder
- Football fans get BLE promos
- MCX suffers email address data breach
- Samsung to offer money transfers