Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- Canadian credit unions go live with Mobile Pay
- NAB uses HCE for instant card replacement
- Nordic banks sign up to HCE mobile payments with Nets
- NXP adds more powerful NFC controller and developer kits
- Starwood expands keyless entry to hotels worldwide