Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester