Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe