Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- MoboMoney takes sound-based mobile payments to India
- White paper lays out NFC solutions for in-home healthcare providers
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia