Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches