Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- Fido Alliance adds authentication support for NFC and BLE
- London buses get on board beacon rollout
- Beacons on menu for Cathay Pacific lounge guests
- 25% of British consumers fear mobile payments will make them spend more
- Facebook rolls out Messenger mobile payments across US