Australian grocery giant Coles is to upgrade its Ingenico point-of-sale terminals to support contactless payments, CNet Australia reports. Coles will begin testing readers in selected stores in February and complete the rollout to all its 740 supermarkets by July 2012. In September, Coles began testing NFC-enabled advertising posters at fifty sites in Melbourne.
- Charity picks up contactless pennies
- Taco Bell app lets customers rotate to reorder
- Football fans get BLE promos
- MCX suffers email address data breach
- Samsung to offer money transfers