Australian supermarket giant Woolworths is set to roll out 30,000 contactless payment terminals across more than 3,000 stores in 2012. The move follows a trial where the company saw a 50 to 75% decrease in transaction times compared with non-contactless transactions. Customers will be able to make purchases of up to A$100 without a PIN or signature. Earlier this week, rival Coles Supermarkets said it would also switch to contactless in 2012.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags