Australian supermarket giant Woolworths is set to roll out 30,000 contactless payment terminals across more than 3,000 stores in 2012. The move follows a trial where the company saw a 50 to 75% decrease in transaction times compared with non-contactless transactions. Customers will be able to make purchases of up to A$100 without a PIN or signature. Earlier this week, rival Coles Supermarkets said it would also switch to contactless in 2012.
- Barclaycard to add wearable ticketing to bPay contactless wristband
- SD Association adds support for TransferJet communications
- AMS offers developer kit for adding NFC to electronic devices
- Alipay adds fingerprint security
- Samsung and PayPal to offer smartwatch payments