Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” does not support NFC, Microsoft has told NFC World. The confirmation follows a report on Friday that the company had already designed NFC into Windows phones. “While near field communications is not currently supported on Windows Phone 7.5, it is coming. We expect NFC-enabled Windows Phone devices to ship within the next year,” said the firm, re-iterating plans announced by Andy Lees, Microsoft’s president of Windows Phone, in October.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices