Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” does not support NFC, Microsoft has told NFC World. The confirmation follows a report on Friday that the company had already designed NFC into Windows phones. “While near field communications is not currently supported on Windows Phone 7.5, it is coming. We expect NFC-enabled Windows Phone devices to ship within the next year,” said the firm, re-iterating plans announced by Andy Lees, Microsoft’s president of Windows Phone, in October.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week