Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" does not support NFC, Microsoft has told NFC World. The confirmation follows a report on Friday that the company had already designed NFC into Windows phones. "While near field communications is not currently supported on Windows Phone 7.5, it is coming. We expect NFC-enabled Windows Phone devices to ship within the next year," said the firm, re-iterating plans announced by Andy Lees, Microsoft's president of Windows Phone, in October.
- ‘Tap-to-shop: NFC in Retailing’ webinar — 24 hours to go!
- Orange announces NFC Awards winners
- FlashiZ to expand NFC and QR payments service to Australia
- AVI launches NFC loyalty in Dubai
- AirPlus and Deutsche Telekom begin NFC payment pilot