Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” does not support NFC, Microsoft has told NFC World. The confirmation follows a report on Friday that the company had already designed NFC into Windows phones. “While near field communications is not currently supported on Windows Phone 7.5, it is coming. We expect NFC-enabled Windows Phone devices to ship within the next year,” said the firm, re-iterating plans announced by Andy Lees, Microsoft’s president of Windows Phone, in October.
- US Bank to donate $50,000 to charity through Apple Pay
- Beacons to drive $7.5bn in holiday season spending
- Seqr to add P2P transfers to mobile wallet
- Orange France reveals mobile retailing lessons
- Mahindra Comviva explains hybrid HCE