Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” does not support NFC, Microsoft has told NFC World. The confirmation follows a report on Friday that the company had already designed NFC into Windows phones. “While near field communications is not currently supported on Windows Phone 7.5, it is coming. We expect NFC-enabled Windows Phone devices to ship within the next year,” said the firm, re-iterating plans announced by Andy Lees, Microsoft’s president of Windows Phone, in October.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx