Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” does not support NFC, Microsoft has told NFC World. The confirmation follows a report on Friday that the company had already designed NFC into Windows phones. “While near field communications is not currently supported on Windows Phone 7.5, it is coming. We expect NFC-enabled Windows Phone devices to ship within the next year,” said the firm, re-iterating plans announced by Andy Lees, Microsoft’s president of Windows Phone, in October.
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments
- LG smart watch to offer NFC payments
- Barclays to allow Twitter payments
- Morgan Stanley joins Apple Pay