The number of NFC handsets shipped worldwide in 2011 will total 35 million, according to IMS Research. Sales will accelerate over the next twelve months to reach 80 million handsets by the end of 2012, the forecasters predict.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil