The number of NFC handsets shipped worldwide in 2011 will total 35 million, according to IMS Research. Sales will accelerate over the next twelve months to reach 80 million handsets by the end of 2012, the forecasters predict.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance