Smart posters and mobile marketing programmes have used more than half the NFC tags shipped to date and will account for 70% of shipments in 2016, according to a new report from ABI Research. In total, the NFC tag market will be worth US$298 million over the next five years, the forecasters predict.
- YesTap tests NFC shopping wall in Amsterdam
- Core Jewels offers diamond rings with NFC
- Revolution Money founder raises funds for location-based marketing venture
- Ecuador’s central bank plans national mobile wallet
- Alipay Wallet hits 190m users