RIM is to run a series of marketing campaigns designed to educate UK consumers on the benefits of NFC during 2012. "You will see cobranded activity with us and the mobile operators communicating how NFC can be used for things like payments and advertising," Tim Hodkinson, the BlackBerry maker's EMEA director of enterprise marketing, has told Marketing Week. "You won't have to wait until the end of 2012 to see major consumer payment providers and advertisers using NFC on a mass scale."
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags