RIM is to run a series of marketing campaigns designed to educate UK consumers on the benefits of NFC during 2012. "You will see cobranded activity with us and the mobile operators communicating how NFC can be used for things like payments and advertising," Tim Hodkinson, the BlackBerry maker's EMEA director of enterprise marketing, has told Marketing Week. "You won't have to wait until the end of 2012 to see major consumer payment providers and advertisers using NFC on a mass scale."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR