POS terminal supplier Verifone has entered "a must-have phase for chip-and-PIN almost everywhere around the globe," CEO Douglas Bergeron told analysts during its fourth quarter earnings call, Bank Technology News reports. "I think we are reaching a point where more and more people are saying they don't know what the future is for sure, but they know near field communication is going to be part of it and they don't want to be flat-footed when that day arrives," said Bergeron.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR