POS terminal supplier Verifone has entered "a must-have phase for chip-and-PIN almost everywhere around the globe," CEO Douglas Bergeron told analysts during its fourth quarter earnings call, Bank Technology News reports. "I think we are reaching a point where more and more people are saying they don't know what the future is for sure, but they know near field communication is going to be part of it and they don't want to be flat-footed when that day arrives," said Bergeron.
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services
- Google Wallet adds phones
- Telecom Italia announces new NFC ticketing pilots
- RapidNFC adds NXP NTAG210 to its range