POS terminal supplier Verifone has entered “a must-have phase for chip-and-PIN almost everywhere around the globe,” CEO Douglas Bergeron told analysts during its fourth quarter earnings call, Bank Technology News reports. “I think we are reaching a point where more and more people are saying they don’t know what the future is for sure, but they know near field communication is going to be part of it and they don’t want to be flat-footed when that day arrives,” said Bergeron.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’