POS terminal supplier Verifone has entered “a must-have phase for chip-and-PIN almost everywhere around the globe,” CEO Douglas Bergeron told analysts during its fourth quarter earnings call, Bank Technology News reports. “I think we are reaching a point where more and more people are saying they don’t know what the future is for sure, but they know near field communication is going to be part of it and they don’t want to be flat-footed when that day arrives,” said Bergeron.
- Deutsche Bank to launch NFC payments in Q3
- Gemalto named as leading mobile ticketing vendor
- MasterCard to reduce EMV checkout time
- Samsung Pay goes live at Woori Bank ATMs
- Australia’s ANZ adds support for Apple Pay