A new loyalty platform for independent restaurants and cafés has begun pilot testing in Ottawa, Canada. Spoonity uses NFC tags to identify customers and NFC phones to administer points and rewards. "Spoonity can be part of the sales voice of a privately-owned restaurant," co-founder Myron Gomes told online newspaper Kanata EMC. "The low overhead makes us an affordable vehicle with plenty of benefits."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR