A new loyalty platform for independent restaurants and cafés has begun pilot testing in Ottawa, Canada. Spoonity uses NFC tags to identify customers and NFC phones to administer points and rewards. “Spoonity can be part of the sales voice of a privately-owned restaurant,” co-founder Myron Gomes told online newspaper Kanata EMC. “The low overhead makes us an affordable vehicle with plenty of benefits.”
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company
- NFC technology report available for free download
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015