A new loyalty platform for independent restaurants and cafés has begun pilot testing in Ottawa, Canada. Spoonity uses NFC tags to identify customers and NFC phones to administer points and rewards. “Spoonity can be part of the sales voice of a privately-owned restaurant,” co-founder Myron Gomes told online newspaper Kanata EMC. “The low overhead makes us an affordable vehicle with plenty of benefits.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway