Germany’s Landesbank Berlin has begun testing NFC payments, using iPhones equipped with an iCaisse NFC case, in conjunction with Visa Europe and Swiss Post Solutions, a division of the Swiss postal service. The bank plans to begin offering an NFC payments service nationally next year.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance