Club-goers in the Croatian capital Zagreb were able to order a ride home during December by tapping an NFC poster to call a taxi. In partnership with Nokia, the Aquarius, Groove, Mansion and Peppermint nightclubs all displayed smart posters which initiated a call to participating cab firms when tapped with an NFC phone.
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right