Nearly 20,000 NFC tags from UPM RFID will be embedded in smart posters and stickers used to promote Helsinki’s year as the World Design Capital. The BullsEye NFC tags feature NXP’s Mifare Ultralight chips and will direct smartphone users to download a WDC 2012 app which acts as a guide to events and the 300 design projects taking place in the Finnish capital during 2012.
- MasterCard discusses how Samsung Pay works
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S6 with NFC and LoopPay mobile payments
- Apple Pay provisioning fraud hole “has to get plugged now”
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments