Semiconductor maker Melexis has launched an NFC transceiver chip designed and rated for use in the automotive market. The MLX90132 Transceiver IC comes as a 5x5mm QFN package and is expected to be used in keyless entry systems, alarm and immobilizer control and user preference configuration. The chip, produced in partnership with STMicroelectronics, is available in sample quantities now.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments