French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- MCX member Best Buy to accept Apple Pay across the US
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week