French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper