French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- Oxigen Wallet loyalty program partnership
- Half of Brits expect to replace cash with new technologies
- Wienerschnitzel launches mobile payment and loyalty app
- CaixaBank launches HCE mobile payments app
- PayAnywhere reader supports Apple Pay