French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years
- Brits want black cab contactless payments
- GlobalPlatform discovery specification eases NFC roaming
- Nokia sells Here to Audi, BMW and Daimler
- Vodafone customers top up with PowaTag