French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies