French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe