French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump
- Vein recognition market to grow 27% a year
- Moo launches range of NFC business cards
- DART to implement NFC fare payment system