French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- Barclaycard launches second generation bPay wearable payment devices
- Apple publishes UK contactless FAQ
- PayPal set to float on 17 July
- Fans get contactless entry to football matches in Cyprus
- PayRange raises $12m for vending machine payments via Bluetooth