US broadcaster NBC has extended an agreement with Verifone which will see the television network’s content and ads appear on the POS company’s payment-enabled out-of-home advertising system. Verifone Media has screens in 12,000 taxis — including 6,800 NFC-enabled cabs in New York — 60,000 gas stations and some 1m retailers. Passengers will be able to purchase advertised items and print coupons directly from the taxi screen, say the partners.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure