US broadcaster NBC has extended an agreement with Verifone which will see the television network’s content and ads appear on the POS company’s payment-enabled out-of-home advertising system. Verifone Media has screens in 12,000 taxis — including 6,800 NFC-enabled cabs in New York — 60,000 gas stations and some 1m retailers. Passengers will be able to purchase advertised items and print coupons directly from the taxi screen, say the partners.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx