The first commercial NFC service could go live in Brazil by the end of this year, Mustafa Almansur, the GSMA's NFC programme leader for Brazil, told RCR Wireless at an NFC event organised by the carriers' association in São Paulo last week. The first deployment is likely to be a niche service involving a partnership between a single carrier and a single bank, Almansur added.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR