The first commercial NFC service could go live in Brazil by the end of this year, Mustafa Almansur, the GSMA‘s NFC programme leader for Brazil, told RCR Wireless at an NFC event organised by the carriers’ association in São Paulo last week. The first deployment is likely to be a niche service involving a partnership between a single carrier and a single bank, Almansur added.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments