The first commercial NFC service could go live in Brazil by the end of this year, Mustafa Almansur, the GSMA's NFC programme leader for Brazil, told RCR Wireless at an NFC event organised by the carriers' association in São Paulo last week. The first deployment is likely to be a niche service involving a partnership between a single carrier and a single bank, Almansur added.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags