The first commercial NFC service could go live in Brazil by the end of this year, Mustafa Almansur, the GSMA's NFC programme leader for Brazil, told RCR Wireless at an NFC event organised by the carriers' association in São Paulo last week. The first deployment is likely to be a niche service involving a partnership between a single carrier and a single bank, Almansur added.
- Flypay raises £1m to develop NFC and QR based restaurant payment app
- BadgePass rolls out NFC eID
- Juniper: 10bn mobile contactless transactions to be made annually by 2018
- Vodafone rolls out NFC mobile wallet across Germany
- Portsmouth FC engages fans with NFC