OpenWays has unveiled a contactless hotel door key solution that works with both NFC and standard mobile phones. The new “Mobile Key Dual with Pure NFC” technology supports OpenWays’ Crypto Acoustic Credential (CAC) technology as well as NFC to allow mobile keys to be distributed by a hotel to all its guests and is being introduced in conjunction with Nokia, NXP and Nordic Choice Hotels.
- Over 20m NFC devices now in use in Japan
- Bionym begins shipping wristband
- Amex commits $10m to EMV upgrades
- Twitter preps for Buy button launch
- Starbucks to offer mobile ordering and payments across US in 2015