On Track Innovations (OTI) has been granted a US patent on its SIM+antenna NFC technology. US patent 8,090,407, “Contactless Smart SIM”, describes several ways of adding NFC to an existing mobile handset using a special SIM card and an attached antenna.
- Motorola secures Android and Apple devices with smart keyfob
- United Airlines to let passengers pay for airport food and drinks using award miles
- 65% of Canadians plan to make mobile payments
- Google Wallet adds refer-a-friend program
- White paper quantifies consumer attitudes to wearable payments