German B2B social network Xing has added support for NFC, allowing members to add new contacts to their network by simply tapping together their mobile phones. Xing is using the Android Beam peer-to-peer functionality included in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for its NFC service.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows