German B2B social network Xing has added support for NFC, allowing members to add new contacts to their network by simply tapping together their mobile phones. Xing is using the Android Beam peer-to-peer functionality included in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for its NFC service.
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay
- Apple to offer iPhone with FeliCa NFC payments in Japan
- Google Wallet gets automatic transfers
- Coles backs Australian banks versus Apple