German B2B social network Xing has added support for NFC, allowing members to add new contacts to their network by simply tapping together their mobile phones. Xing is using the Android Beam peer-to-peer functionality included in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for its NFC service.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’