“I don’t know of a handset manufacturer that isn’t in process of making sure their stuff is PayPass ready,” Ed McLaughlin, MasterCard‘s head of emerging payments has told Fast Company in an interview. Pressed on whether that “would include Apple then?”, McLaughlin answered “Um, there are…like I say, [I don’t know of] any handset maker out there… Now, when we have discussions with our partners, and they ask us not to disclose them, we don’t.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway