“I don’t know of a handset manufacturer that isn’t in process of making sure their stuff is PayPass ready,” Ed McLaughlin, MasterCard‘s head of emerging payments has told Fast Company in an interview. Pressed on whether that “would include Apple then?”, McLaughlin answered “Um, there are…like I say, [I don’t know of] any handset maker out there… Now, when we have discussions with our partners, and they ask us not to disclose them, we don’t.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics