“I don’t know of a handset manufacturer that isn’t in process of making sure their stuff is PayPass ready,” Ed McLaughlin, MasterCard‘s head of emerging payments has told Fast Company in an interview. Pressed on whether that “would include Apple then?”, McLaughlin answered “Um, there are…like I say, [I don’t know of] any handset maker out there… Now, when we have discussions with our partners, and they ask us not to disclose them, we don’t.”
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria