Visa Europe is in discussion with banks in Romania with a view to introducing NFC payments, possibly as soon as this year, Catalin Cretu, the payments network’s country manager for Romania, has told local business newspaper ZF.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester