Visa Europe is in discussion with banks in Romania with a view to introducing NFC payments, possibly as soon as this year, Catalin Cretu, the payments network’s country manager for Romania, has told local business newspaper ZF.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil