The marketing campaign for the 2013 Lexus GS sport sedan is to include an NFC tagged insert "in select copies" of the April edition of Wired magazine. "The insert will allow NFC-enabled smartphone users to view the mobile site upon placing the phone on top of the insert," says the luxury car maker. "Other smartphone users can access the mobile site by entering the URL in their browsers."
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags