GlobalPlatform is to publish a series of guides that aim to explain in simple terms the technology developments it is working on and how they will benefit the industry. The first focuses on the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), a secure area that resides in the main processor of a smart phone or other mobile device and ensures that sensitive data is stored, processed and protected in a trusted environment.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market