Chip maker NXP has announced a new secure element platform which is form factor agnostic and incorporates the company's next-generation SmartMX2 technology. The new platform "brings passport level security, smart card performance and multi-applications capability to the SIM market" for the first time, says NXP.
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports