Chip maker NXP has announced a new secure element platform which is form factor agnostic and incorporates the company's next-generation SmartMX2 technology. The new platform "brings passport level security, smart card performance and multi-applications capability to the SIM market" for the first time, says NXP.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR