Chile’s Minister of Transport and Telecommunications is attending the Mobile World Congress this week to investigate the potential for introducing mobile transportation ticketing within the next few months, Chilean publication Emol reports. Plans call for requirements to be defined by April 2012 so that initial deployments can begin in June or July this year.
- Charity picks up contactless pennies
- Taco Bell app lets customers rotate to reorder
- Football fans get BLE promos
- MCX suffers email address data breach
- Samsung to offer money transfers